Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 28, 2013

No time for many words, just a couple of pictures from the week.

I think the biggest event of the week was the sunshine and warmth!  How we thrilled and became almost giddy at the warm weather.  We spent every possibly minute outside during the end of the week and as a result we are all exhausted and burnt today:)  Below are a couple of Breck's "spring shots" that she is so talented at getting.  

 My new wisteria to grow up and arround the supports of my deck over the fireplace area to hopefully create a little reading nook. 

 The girls and their best buddies having a craft morning.  These girls simply can't get enough of each other.  We feel very blessed for their friendship.  Capriel and Katelyn painted carefully for over an hour.  I'm always reminded that I should do this more often because they love it so much. 
 Landen working to earn the "Happy Camper Award" ready to leave on his first scouting overnighter.  He was a little anxious and spent considerable time and energy preparing his gear.  Apparently the camp went will with plenty of pranks, cold tents, and smoky tired kids and yummy tinfoil dinners.   
 My new little Sargent Tina Crabapple tree in my deck bed.  It is so cute and I'm thrilled to watch it grow.  I also put in a Autumn purple Ash (look it up) in the corner of the grass by the chicken cook to be a shade tree and we are all excited to sit beneath it's shady leaves and enjoy the brilliant fall colors.  It has been fun to work with the kids outside digging holes or planting things instead of just cleaning inside for our jobs.  I love to work with my kids. 
Sleeping queens is fast become a favorite pasttime.  Rhyse adores it. 

Let's see.  Breck sang in church with a few girls and did a beautiful job.  She is looking amazing and continuing to shock us with her persistence and determination to improve herself.  I got called to be the Mia-Maid advisor and a choir accompaniest.  It is going to be pretty busy for a while since I'll also keep the assistant camp director calling.  I'm looking forward to a new challenge.  YW is not my comfort zone, but I really want to learn how to connect with teenagers so any advice would be welcomed.  A kind friend in the ward came over and helped me think through and cut the boards to do the columns and board and batton for my peninsula.  I'm looking forward to trying it out this week. 

Capriel has learned to rollerblade.  She likes to wear a sock bun whenever Breck is available to do one and she looks darling with it. 

Rhyse is becoming a chatter box who seems to do little else.  Eating and sleeping aren't nearly as important as all she has to say.  One night late she had come in our bed and as Craig was tiredly hauling her back to her own bed she perked up saying enthusiastically,  "Do you know what bears eat?  Worms."  She is full of information, and opinion. 

Craig is extra busy with BNI a national business networking group that is has been feverishly working to create a Logan branch for.  He has been extremely succesful and is on track to break the state record for the quickest time to create a large enough group to register.  I think last week he had 50 members.  Soccer is in full swing and the kids are doing great.  Lan is intensely studying ping pong and needs more challengers.  We had a day off school this week which was lovely.  We hit the library, played with friends, relaxed, got some work done, and enjoyed being together.  Life is full (sometimes so full I can't sleep or relax from it all) but I'm so very grateful for all the experiences that we are having as a family that stretch us and bless us.  I'm thankful for spring, for beautiful good children, for a kind husband who is willing to take me as I am and forgive me, and for a Heavenly Father who is always there to listen patiently.  I'm grateful to know of eternity, because I can't ever accomplish all I want to and need to in this life. 

1 comment: