Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 29, 2013

Just a quick post.  I wanted to write down how much fun I have watching my kids play soccer.  Truly it is one of the most fun part of my week.  Each child plays differently, but each brings such joy and happiness to watch as they put forth their best efforts, learn teamwork, learn to listen to a coach, discipline their bodies and minds, and support their team mates.  Capriel's body is much faster than her feet and ball skills.  She is continuously tripping, sliding, and falling over the ball as her lightning fast body pushes towards it.  I love her straight-legged sweep kick.  She is wild and impetuous, but also very tenacious and hardworking.  Talia plays with confidence, and a few good tricks and she plays strong.  Not mean or overly aggressive, but strong and capable-like she knows what she wants to do and she just does it.  Landen is fearless, incredibly quick, focused and a fabulous passer.  He has this little hop he does over his opponents feet that never fails to amaze me and always seems to allow him to slip past them.  When I watch Landen I think (this is going to sound cheesy) of a wild horse-free on the prairie.  I adore watching him tear up the sidelines, or deftly manuever the ball out of the opponents feet.  I love to see what a great team member he is; how encouraging and supportive he is of his teammates.  I love that he is surrounded by boys and good men who love this sport as much as he does and that they have a ball playing it together.  I loved that one day when the coach couldn't make practice, the kids called each other and decided they still wanted to meet by themselves and work on things together.  

I'm proud of my children (all of them-not just the soccer players), for their dedication towards their sports.  They are learning skills and discipline, developing physical and mental strength and fortitude, and nurturing relationships and social skill that will benefit them for their life time.  I absolutely love to watch my children play!

4 comments:

Ellis said...

So happy to hear your thoughts again! We've enjoyed watching soccer this season as well :-)

Devin said...

I couldn't agree more! Oh I wish I could see them play!

Derek said...

Amen.

Trevor said...

Please video tape a few games for those of us who can't be there to watch in person.